To ensure that decisions to admit children are based on fair and transparent criteria. If there are more requests for places than places available children will allocated places in the following order of priority:
If all children within the above criteria cannot be accommodated priority will be given to those living closest to the school within that rule. (Decided by straight line distance)
NB Children who attend part-time in the pre-reception year are not classed as attending the main school.
Parents/carers may appeal against a decision not to admit a child, by writing to the Chair of Governors, Mr Simon Long.
This policy should be read in conjunction with the policies on equality, SEN and the curriculum, and should be reviewed annually.
The headteacher will ensure that:
• Pupils are admitted only in accordance with this policy
• The school is represented on the LA admission forum
• Where places are available, pupils are admitted in accordance with the agreed priorities.
All staff are expected to follow this policy when advising prospective parents/carers and admitting pupils.
The governing body will ensure that:
• The admission arrangements are reviewed annually, and consultation takes place on changes with all other admission authorities
• The admission arrangements are published in the prospectus and made available to parents/carers and potential parents
• An admissions’ register is kept up to date
• An appeal panel is in place to hear parent appeals against non-admission
• The net capacity formula is reviewed annually and proposed variations communicated to the Governors of the school.
The number of pupils on roll and number and reason for unsuccessful appeals will be reported to the governing body each term with advice on any implications, plus feedback from parents/carers.
Date established by governing body 7.12.11
Date for review Autumn Term 2017